The Bell Aliant Pioneers of New Brunswick Chapter 51 Scholarship Foundation, Inc. awards annual, renewable scholarships to young New Brunswickers with physical or mental disabilities who wish to advance their education beyond high school.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, applicants must have a physical or mental disability and be a resident of New Brunswick. Students meeting this criteria and who will be completing high school, as well as eligible students who completed high school in recent years and who have not yet completed any further educational programs beyond high school are encouraged to apply.
Each applicant is assessed on his/her academic ability, community and school participation, plans for continued education, long-term goals, and the need for financial assistance.
- Complete the attached scholarship application form. Be sure to submit all the information requested, including items that are to be provided on separate pages.
- Enclose a transcript of marks.
- The foundation will be submitting notification of any awards to newspapers and other media outlets in recipients' region.
- Successful applicants and news agencies will be made aware of the awarding of scholarships in June, 2014.
Send applications to:
Bell Aliant Pioneers of New Brunswick Chapter 51 Scholarship Foundation Inc.
Attention Ron Forsythe
64 Alison Boulevard
Envelopes should be clearly marked "SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION" and must be postmarked by March 31, 2014.
Inquiries may be made to Ron Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org (506) 452-4471 or Sheila Robichaud at email@example.com (506) 457-6401.
- Scholarships may be valued up to $2000 each. The actual amount of each scholarship may vary depending on the program of education successful applicants have chosen. Tuition, books, adaptive equipment and services as well as other program–related fees will all be considered.
- The scholarships are available for various types of educational programs, which may include government-recognized university, college and other certificate/diploma programs.
- Scholarships may be renewed on an annual basis, but applications are still required. Previous recipients will not receive preferential consideration.
- The number of scholarships offered may vary each year, according to the financial status of the Foundation.
- The decision of the Foundation's selection committee (or board of directors) is final.