To be recognized as a network of volunteers who effect immediate tangible change in local communities in partnership with their sponsor companies.
We are a volunteer network dedicated:
- To making a recognized contribution to a variety of community needs.
- To providing value to our partner organizations by contributing to their strategic priorities.
- To creating rewarding fellowship opportunities and personal growth of our members.
Balancing the needs of communities, members and sponsor/partner organizations by being:
Our Pioneer Purpose
- Focused on Excellence
- Sensitive to Recognition
The TelecomPioneers of Canada is a network of current and former telecom industry employees, their partners and their families. We are leaders in volunteerism, committed to:
- improving the quality of life in our communities;
- providing value to our sponsor organizations and their strategic priorities;
- focusing on the personal growth of our members; and
- creating rewarding fellowship opportunities.
We will accomplish this by acting professionally and showing compassion for those in need. We will be accountable and loyal to our sponsor companies, and strive for excellence in everything that we do.
About the Pioneer Volunteers
The Pioneers are a dynamic network of volunteers who move those in need from adversity to achievement. They've been working together for a hundred years now, and the positive impact they've had on the lives of the people they serve is immeasurable. They're confident in their ability to continue making the world a better place, starting right in their own hometowns. Deeply connected to their communities, each other they are committed to meeting the unique needs of their local communities through a number of grassroots projects and programs such as:
• Donating books for literacy
• Supporting Christmas projects
• Donated Hug-A-Bears to Atlantic Canadian Charities
• Refurbish and donate computers to schools and other non-profit organization across Atlantic Canada
• Support heart patients by donating Heart Pillows to Atlantic Canadian Hospitals
• Helped students improve their reading comprehension skills through the Power Up to Read Program.
• Fill empty backpacks with school supplies which are donated to schools for children in need
The Pioneer Volunteers is the largest corporate based volunteer organization in Atlantic Canada. The close to 9,000 members is comprised of current and former Bell employees and its predecessor companies. The Pioneer Volunteers' focus on education and technology related projects within their communities.
The Pioneer Volunteers are part of TelecomPioneers, the largest industry-based volunteer organization in the world. The TelecomPioneers boast nearly 620,000 men and women throughout Canada and the United States who work together to make their communities better places in which to live and work.
People. Helping People.
About the TelecomPioneers
TelecomPioneers is the largest industry-related volunteer organization in the world, with chapters located the United States and Canada. Founded in 1911, TelecomPioneers, formerly known as the Telephone Pioneers of America, is comprised of nearly 620,000 current and retired telecommunications employees who have joined together to make their communities better places in which to live and work.